Monday: September 9
Softball vs. Kansas (V/JV) here at 4:00
Volleyball at Locust Grove at 4:30
JH Football at Lincoln at 6:00
Opaa will be doing To-Go lunches in front of the JH starting Monday, September 9th .
Please excuse FCCLA District Officers at 12:00 to go to Owasso for LEAD
Conference practice. Jolie Cavness and Aubrey Phillips.
JH Softball is in the Adair County Tournament on Monday September 9. We play at 11:00am and will need to be released at 9:45am. Kylie Hinkel, Samara Harlan, Rylee Allen, Abby Robinson, Amber Goodall, Avaiah Sanchez, Elli Price, Jordan Crittenden, Jayleigh Sanders, Hope Boston, Raynee Van, Audra Mathews
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) will have a meeting in HS#306 at 12:15 on Monday, September 9. New members are welcome. Please release these students five minutes early for lunch.
Tuesday: September 10
FCCLA Leadership Conference
Volleyball vs. Sequoyah (JH/V) at 4:00
Softball at Pocola (V) at 4:30
JH Football at Colcord at 6:00
NE Area FFA Colt Conference
Wednesday: September 11
- Class Officers meeting will be held in Mr. Braden's room at 12:15. Please allow members out 5 minutes early for lunch.
- Please let STUCO members out 5 minutes early on Wed Sept. 11 for first meeting. It will be a working lunch and meal will be provided. Mrs. Eagleton';s room 502 12:00 sharp.
Thursday: September 12
Volleyball vs. Wagoner (JH/V) at 4:00
Softball vs. Muldrow (V/JV) at 4:30
ETS meetings in library
FFA: Keys cattle grading contest @ the Cherokee County Fairgrounds leave school at 7:30 A.M. Connors State
College Cattle Grading contest at Warner.
Academic Team meetings are every Thursday in Ms. Patton's room, unless otherwise posted. If you
want to be on the Academic Team--make sure you attend the meetings.
Friday: September 13
Softball vs. Colcord (V)(DH) here at 4:00
Football vs. Colcord here 7:30 (Band Coronation 6:30)
- Note from Mrs. Swafford - Students wishing to attend the Junior Achievement Finance Park on September 26 will need to sign up in HS#306. We can take up to 30 students. When students arrive at JA Finance Park, they receive individual life scenarios that consist of a job, salary, and family situation and will develop the skills necessary to make sound personal decisions through a simulation that introduces financial planning and career exploration. Students wanting to compete in the Junior Achievement Stock Challenge on November 6 will need to sign up in HS#306. We will be taking up to six teams (4 members on a team). **
- Note from Mr. Swank: If you registered online to take the September 14th ACT here at the school, you should have received notification from ACT that your test has been moved to another testing site. We only had 13 students register for the ACT here at the school. We must have at least 16 students register for us to be a testing site. Please look for an email from ACT that will tell you where you will take the test. You can also log into your account to view this information
- Note from Mrs. Miggletto: ASVAB test is used to determine if you are qualified to enlist in the military. Seniors &/or Juniors who are interested in joining any of the military branches need to sign up to take this test. Test date is Tuesday, September 24th from 9:20 am – 12 pm. Sign up in Mrs. Miggletto’s office OR your English teacher’s room. Only sign up on 1 list! Deadline is Sept 12 th
- Seniors are invited to the Tahlequah-Area Wide College Fair on Wednesday, September 18 th . It will be held at Tahlequah High School in the TMAC from 9:30 -10:30 a.m. Seniors must have taken ACT & be on the college prep graduation plan. Also, students on the clerical or academic ineligible list will not be allowed to attend. (You MUST be off of the clerical list by noon on Sept. 16 th !) A maximum 45 students may sign up. Students MUST sign up on the list on Mrs. Miggletto’s door by Wednesday, September 11 th . Also, students MUST pre-register themselves by Sept 11 th . Students can use a computer in Mrs. Miggletto’s office from 7:45-8:10, 12-12:30 or 3:15-3:30 p.m. daily to register. Also, smartphones & tablets may be used to register. Print out the bar code & bring it to Mrs. Miggletto
- SENIORS: Plan your future at Northeastern State University! Senior Day is a college preview day for high school seniors that will be held at the NSU Tahlequah campus. Date of Event: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 At Senior Day, you can expect to receive: FREE T-shirt, FREE lunch for you AND your guests, Scholarship opportunities and other giveaways. What's on the agenda? Tour our beautiful Tahlequah campus, Learn about and tour our Residence Halls, Talk with professors about all of our degrees and majors, Talk with students representing our 100+ student organizations. Apply for admission (for FREE)! (Admission is regularly $25!) To register, go to: https://offices.nsuok.edu/admissions/Senior-Day Seniors must provide their own transportation to NSU Senior Day; bring proof of attendance to office for an excused absence.
ALL Seniors: Mrs. Marcella Morton & Mrs. Miggletto will be in the library to help you make an FSA ID and register for the College Fair (on Sept. 18). An FSA ID is required to be able to complete FAFSA which is a way to get $ for careertechs OR college! To create the FSA ID, you will need to know how exactly how your name is on your social security card, have a personal email that you check frequently, NO SCHOOL emails. You need to know your complete mailing address and your social security number. Ask your parent for this information & bring it with you to the library on Monday. DO NOT wait until you are IN the library to text a parent for the information!
D-FY - Students in grades 9-12 can come by Mr. Sitsler's Room 415 to sign up and pay dues. Dues are $10. D-FY students get into all home games for free.
SWARM - 7th and 8th graders can begin signing up with Mrs. Guthrie in room 405 today for SWARM. Students will need to sign up, pay $5, take a drug test, and come by to take a picture before a membership card can be issue
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT/NMQST test need to sign up by September 12 th . Sign up with Mrs. Miggletto. The cost is $17 & must be paid at sign up. The PSAT/NMQST test date will be October 16 th from 8 am - noon. (There will be NO make-up date or refunds.) 3.5 gpa is required. PSAT/NMQST may qualify a student for numerous scholarship opportunities.
- FCCLA Officer Meetings every Tuesday at 12:15. 2019-20 Officers: Connor Dixon, Shawna Walker, Hanna Gibson, Tucker Galyean, Bailie Jones, Zoe Sistler, Jolie Cavness, Aubrey Phillips, AJ ALexander, Lindsey McNac, Jasmine Jordan, and Cassidy Jones.
- The Arvest Jr Board will have a meeting on Mon Sept 23 at 12:00 in Mrs. Heustis's room. Lunch will be provided. A list of members for this year will be posted in advance of the meeting.